Friday, September 14, 2012

Future America...Duh Dun Dunnnn

Sometimes, I wonder if people if have any sense these days. I understand everyone has their irrational moments (I have a lot), but I swear peeps, I fear for the future. People are lazy, too lazy, that's why like 2/3 of adults are obese. I know, I know, it sucks to move around. I HATE it when like the obese people on t.v. are like "Yea, I have a weight problem. Here's what I eat for breakfast...my whole fridge. I don't know why my weight is like this." I'm not a fat-hater, I like obese people, but if you really are going to eat pretty much your whole fridge for breakfast and going to complain, then yea, don't come to me. Then, it's worse when those same people tell the world that in order to support their eating habits, they do online stuff, which includes eating more. It depresses me.

Lately, the American Dream term has been tossed around in differ classes. Here's what I think. It's dead. Buried six-feet under-ground type dead. Yea, we like the nice, pretty, shiny stuff, but it's not gonna happen. I'm sorry to burst yo' bubble, but let's get a lil' realistic here.  You can want a new house and car (and most likely, you WILL get it here in Rocklin because I know some of you already have it), you may want to go to college, but let's face it. Everybody wants it. At what price? Carrying debt for the rest of yo' life? No thank you. Unless, of course, our parents pay for it. Then, most of us just won't care about that aspect and throw the responsibility onto someone else. We can dream all we want to get a nice job and go to Harvard to get that special degree, but we may not get a job in the end. That also depresses me.

If I'm going to live here, then I really need to see some improvement on something. Throw a dog a bone here. Students never really think about these things. We take pretty much everything we have for granted and never even mutter a "Thanks." This very thought makes me want to slam my forehead against the table. Whenever I borrow somebody else's newly updated calculator (I have a TI-73 instead of a TI-84 Plus Silver Edition, I type out "Thanks" on the screen to show them that I really am grateful. Weird, I know, but it's a nice gesture. Jeez, I should save this crap for Thanksgiving...

Anyways, I swear if generations keep showing more skin, if people keep getting fatter, if everybody keeps being more selfish and stupid, then I'm gonna feel the urge to go to China or Japan or some other country. Gonna live with my fellow peeps, hoping they have a right mind. Maybe I should be a translator. Maybe I should live in Canada. But then I get cold too easily...Hmm, dilemmas of the future. Or maybe I should go old school and build my own house in the forest and then make a scary movie from it. I really wish I could be a professional blogger and get some moneys from this. After all, my thoughts are worth more than what you gonna be payin' for college.

No comments: