Sunday, September 9, 2012

Philtrum Mole

Today, I had pre-Mock Trial practice with Raha (thanks for the lovely blog:D), Shelby-Boo, Manda, Char, and yea. So, after Char had left and Manda had disappeared off to somewhere else in Rocklin, Raha had noticed a certain something on my face...

Do you know what those lines above your upper lip connecting to your nose is called? Philtrum. Nice word, ain't it? Anyways, I have a mole smack-dab in the middle. It's always been there, but I guess nobody looks at somebody else's philtrum. So there it was:  my supposedly hidden mole was exposed. The secret spilled. Etc., etc. I thought it was quite amusing that nobody really notices it. Do they notice the other like four moles I gots? Do they? I like to think that my moles are like a graph and that's how I remember where they are. Cool story bro, I know.

What I'm trying to get at is that while this discussion happens, I see my mother outside Origins. After running out of the room and almost knocking a mother and baby over, I get outside asking her what she was doing there. Her first reaction is, "What's that above your lip?" I'm like, "It's my mole. It's always been there." She replies, "Really? Well, maybe it just got darker. We should go see a doctor about that." ...Oh yes. That's what happened. What makes people notice this? How could you NOT notice it before?

Oh, people. Oh, just for future reference, please do not park on the side of Origins and Thai whatever it's called. It's just not meant for anybody to park there. Maybe I'll talk about my mom driving into that little area tomorrow. Oh, wait. It's a blue day. Maybe I won't. I'll save it for Tuesday then.:D

1 comment:

Shelby B. said...

You were totally smiling when you wrote this!!