Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Stranger Danger

So this Summer I'm spending a week with another persons extended family in a house by the lake in Shasta. At first, I was thrilled, beautiful lake, jet ski's, wildlife, away from my family, with my best friend, how could things get any better? But now...my thoughts are changing. It is one thing to be on good terms with her normal family, so now I'm scared to jump into a house with all her other family members. Meeting a bunch of new people who all know each other really well is a scary thing. I for one have always had trouble opening up when I meet new people, and now I am basically going to be spending all my time with them trying desperately to get a word or two in during meals. I guess all I can be is optimistic that I'll be welcomed and that I'll have a lot fun and I can't worry what they think...I just hope I can get away with my friend whenever, that way it doesn't feel like I'm on a family vacation with strangers.

2 comments:

Devin M. said...

You'll have fun no worries i'm just like that and i stayed at my second cousins sousins cabin with no electricity and i turned out to be great

RHS Flash said...

Practie good journalism. You interview them.