Wednesday, May 2, 2012

more growing up

It's about time. I think I can say I've "grown up" in these past couple of weeks. With my mom gone taking care of my grandma, I've had to take charge of the household (all my dad does is pay the bills... Ha!). I've been doing all the cooking, the dishes, the laundry, the cleaning and the grocery shopping on top of work, school, studying for APs and preparing for senior ball. I'm definitely still not used to balancing everything. I've fallen a little behind in school, but I no longer have any doubt in my ability to take care of myself. I'm ready for college and ready to live on my own (with financial support from my parents of course!) But my appreciation for what my parents do for me has grown tremendously. I'm lucky to have parents like them.

1 comment:

/ said...

I know what you mean!I cook, clean, and take care of my sister on a regular basis WITH all my schoolwork. It's hard, but you get used to it.:)College life def won't be difficult for you!