Thursday, May 31, 2012

Letters to...

I, unlike many other teenager my age, have yet to acquire a cell phone. The lack of such handheld technology has turned me to other ways of communications which at first seem tedious but turn out to have a lot of old time charm to them. Yes, I can email whoever I want to talk to, or message them on Facebook, or, better yet, talk to them when I see them. But who checks their email anyways and how could I give a very detailed explanation of what my day was like on Facebook and what if the person I want to talk to doesn't go to RHS? So I decided to turn to writing long hand letters. The only flaw that I find in writing letters is that it takes forever to get a response. What Facebook or email or face to face interaction can get you in mere seconds takes weeks with letters. Initially I found writing letters a bit difficult but I have come to feel comfortable with just taking half an hour or so to gather my thoughts.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

Such an interesting generational shift.