Wednesday, May 9, 2012

APUSH

So on Friday I have the AP US History test. This has been such a difficult class for me in comparison to last years AP World History. I've been studying for about a month now but will I ever be ready? I guess I'll find out Friday morning. I've taken a few practice tests and I've gotten mixed results. The first one I took in class about three weeks ago, and got a 4. I took one on sparknotes two weekends ago and got a 5. I've been studying almost every day. I really thought I could have a chance at a 5. Well I took the last one today and I got a few points off from a 4. I got a high 3. A 3 is not my goal. The test was more difficult than the ones I had taken previously, and most everyone's score was lower than the last practice test we took in class. This is worrying me. I need to get a 4 for the grade change. My GPA is at risk. I hope that I can pull through with a 4(I'll cry if I get a 5). I'm hoping that my essays will be strong enough to get me the score I want. I know the teachers tell you "the score does not define you," but for me I feel it does. I have spent so many hours staying up late doing outlines throughout the year, using my breaks every other day to study for the daily quizzes, so  a 3 is not what I am going for. I don't want to "just pass". I want to go in and own the test. Hopefully I will be able to do just that Friday morning. For these next two days I will be looking over my packets and various prompts. Hopefully this will make a difference and I will be able to achieve my goal.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

I am betting you did fine..