Monday, July 1, 2013

Busy Busy Busy

Originally, I thought that I would have a pretty relaxing summer. Well, I was wrong.

I have water polo 2 times a week (3 if I go to the scrimmages), summer homework for both French and English, church, working at vbs camps, thinking of fundraiser ideas, and going to my Australia meeting.

In short, I am TIRED. I was up at 7 every morning to be able to get to the vbs camp at 8. Then the camp ended at noon, so I was on the run from then until about 10 every night. During the camp, I had to deal with 2 very bad little 4th grade boys. UGHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Thankfully, I will never see them again and their parents did not ask me to babysit for them (If they did, I would have probably told them no).

Summer homework should have never been invented. We sign up for honors and AP  classes to be pushed harder and to become better in that subject. We take the classes DURING the school year. That should mean homework DURING the school year NOT during summer. It's not like people who have no interest in school sign up for these classes... People who actually want to, sign up. I know that they want summer homework to see if we are actually committed, but come on! Why would we sign up for these classes if we weren't?

If any of you have read my previous blog posts, you would know that I am going to Australia next summer. It costs A LOT of money to go, so I really need to fundraise. I have thought of doing a car wash, a bake sale, and selling my homegrown tomatoes, squash, and zucchini, but I don't have any more ideas. If any of you guys do, please tell me in the comment section! Thanks! I had my first meeting on Saturday. I expected all 22 of us to be there, but only seven of us showed. Three of the people are super awesome, but the other three just acted like they didn't want to be there. Oh well, the first three are super cool and I can tell that we will all have a good time together at all the meetings and on the trip.

Man, this is the most I have ever blogged. I feel very proud. :) I probably won't post this much again because I am never this busy, so oh well. I will post again in two more weeks. Goodbye!

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

Good luck with Australia! I'm dying to go there! I have a few friends who live there, so I'm lucky because I don't have to pay for hotels! I have a few friends in the north and a few in the south, so the only place I'd really spend money is Sydney, but it'd be so worth it. So good luck raising the money for your trip!