Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mammoth Adventures

I've been MIA for a while, it's actually only been like 3 weeks but that's a long time to me. My sister and mom decided to beat the heat and take a trip to the East coast  to look at colleges during the week when it was like 5000 degrees every day. When they got back, our whole fam (including Bella the dog) packed up the car for a road trip to Mammoth Lakes. My dad used to live there and has always dreamed of taking Maddy and I before she graduates. I doubt any of you guys have heard of Mammoth Lakes, but it's about 5 hours away from Rocklin kinda near Yosemite. Mammoth is like Tahoe except you have like 5 different lakes to choose from, and there's not as many people there. We stayed in a hotel (I hate camping) in the main village, so everything we needed was in walking distance. Our first day we hiked from horseshoe lake up to McCloud lake. The views were breathtaking but the water was waaay to cold to swim in. Our second day there we rented a pontoon and went fishing. I learned how to fish, but I didn't catch any:( Anyways, Mammoth Lakes is like Tahoe on roids and you all should visit this chill little town at least once in your lifetime 

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

I hate camping too. Honestly, I don't really go outside. Just kidding, but I really do avoid bugs and stuff. You are definitely lucky you missed the heat!