Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sac Night Life

Last night I went to a quinceanera for the first time: flashing lights, fancy clothes, dancing, the works! Seeing a piece of Mexican culture was so eye opening and beautiful, I am so happy I had the chance to witness something so interesting! The only problem was I had the misfortune of borrowing heels that didn't fit, so I walked around a gorgeous party with such a pretty dress on, I wore high tops instead of sparkly shoes. However the real problem was there was absolutely no food! Sure the photobooth was distracting enough but once dancing had become too tiring, my little group and I decided to go home early and hit In'N'Out before we all fell dead asleep on our beds. Needless to say, that was the best In'N'Out burger I've had seeing I hadn't eaten since breakfast that day. All in all, it was a beautiful ceremony and I recommend everyone experiences this culture eye opener, even if you have to crash one! Who says partying isn't risky?

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

I've never been to a quinceanera before either (I really hope that's how it's spelled) but it seems from tv shows and everything, that they're more culturally interesting than sweet 16's.