Thursday, July 4, 2013

finally home and still tired

about four days ago- well, saturday at 11:30 PM, I got home from my two week vacation in France. I'm exhausted and still overwhelmed with everything that has happened. I had been waiting to go to Paris my entire life and I still can't believe that I can now say that I've not only been to Paris, but I've been on the Eiffel Tower, near le pont avignon, and Versailles- OH and Notre Dame. So many places in just a matter of a week. The first week was spent with a host family, who might I add, were the sweetest people on Earth! The second week was spent touring Nice, the city in which we had been living in for almost a week at that point, so we knew that by heart. Then we went up North and went to Paris for only 2 days. But along the way we stopped by Nimes, Antibes, Eze, Arles, (x?), and some other places that escape my memory at this point in time. Let's just say it was a whirlwind of adventure by the time we left Nice and started on our trip that would open our eyes to more French culture. I have to say, it was totally amazing. Pretty much everything I had ever dreamed of happened. I saw places I can cross off my bucket list now and it never even felt real. Ever. And now it feels like a surreal dream that I had. Makes me wish I could go back- which I will be some day in the future because this trip was just too amazing to not go on again. Europe has so much history behind it and I want to know more!!! But besides planning and saving up for that trip, I did some planning for this new school year and I am suppper psyched about next year's journalism staff!!! We are gonna have a LOT of fun!! I can't wait!!

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

SO EXCITING!!!! My mom lived in Toulouse for a while, did you go there?