Thursday, July 11, 2013

Disney Princess Marathon

So in preparation for next year's homecoming theme as well as our trip to Disneyland together in December, my friend Emily and I watched 5 classic Disney princess movies all in one night!

Going in order of when they were made, we started with Snow White.  I can't believe I used to have nightmares about that!  Although, the evil queen does still scare me. 

Next we watched Cinderella.  The step sisters have monstrously large feet!  Like the glass slipper only fit on Drizella's big toe! 

We continued our marathon with Sleeping Beauty.  You know, sometimes I wonder why the fairies kept her in hiding for 16 years and brought her back to the castle on her 16th birthday when she was supposed to prick her finger?  Like why wouldn't you take her into hiding on her 15th birthday or something and then keep her in hiding until after her 16th birthday when the prophecy is void?  I really don't understand. 

Next, of course, was The Little Mermaid!  If I were Ariel, I'd make Eric become a merman and live under the sea instead of going up on land to live with him.  That's no fun! 

Lastly, my personal favorite, Beauty & The Beast.  I can't even begin to explain how much I love this movie.  It's so perfect!

We still have a couple of movies to go, including Aladdin, another one of my favorites.  Oh how I love a good Disney fairytale :)

1 comment:

Liz said...

I think you just AMAZING for having a Disney marathon!!! Seriously, I've been meaning to have one for ages but I never have the time. and Beauty and the Beast is my favorite as well!!! I can't begin to express my love for Disney. I'm glad your spending your summer wisely! Disney is the best way to do it!