Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lovely Ponders

So I have just been listening to this song called If I Ever Leave This World Alive by Flogging Molly, and I really love it. I am definitely going to get more of this band's music. But this song is just so beautiful. When I was listening to it once in a car drive home with my boyfriend, I just started questioning the actual meaning of the song. Like what does he mean by "if I ever leave this world alive?" I know he used it as a metaphor, but I started thinking about it literally... What if when we die we actually wake up in a different world beyond the stars? What if Death is the only pathway to the worlds beyond our universe? Or do we instead then belong to a different parallel universe after death? I was asking my boyfriend (Ryan) about this, and he actually didn't think I was crazed. He just looked at me with his mind blown, and told me that it was a "hella cool thought" and was also then pondering the same questions. Anyways, sorry if that is weird. I am not condemning heaven or anything, I am Christian. I was just wondering if that is what heaven is. All I know is that if that's true I hope I meet Ryan again.

No comments: