Friday, July 12, 2013

First Fall

So I fell off my bike for the first time today. When I was really little I fell off going down my steep driveway and just skinned both my knees. So I am counting this as my first epic one. I was being really dumb and riding with a drink in one of my hands and there was a speed bump and I guess I was going too fast for it... And ya so I just like fell over sideways and skidded on the pavement. -_- All I got was a scraped left elbow, scraped right knuckle, and abrasions on my right forearm. Thank the Sweet Lord I was wearing pants. I have a huge, long skid mark on my left thigh. But I was unharmed because my pants were thick enough. :D And so then I had to go clean it off. :( It stung SOOOO bad!! I finally built up from cleaning it with just water to cleaning it with alcohol. It is all nice and clean now thanks to my RA (Resident Admin) who had a first aid kit. My new friend Karey was like feeling more pain than I was though. So that was pretty comical. I guess it looks more painful when it is someone else's wound instead of your own because you are more aware of your body. Anyways, she was saying things like "You can scream if you want!" while I was cringing. And finally she told me she was going to "go over here" (my room) and scream for me. XD My RA Regina was calmer. She has been in bike accidents before because she goes to UC Davis. She even said that she didn't mind the feeling of the stinging alcohol. What??? Haha she is crazy. And then I had to tell my mother. I explained everything over text and even sent her pictures of my wounds so she would know they weren't that bad. She called me... My mom is crazy, too. But, at least she wasn't hysterical. She was just like "Are you sure you are okay?" Yes, mom, I wouldn't lie to you about not being okay. Oh well, that's all I have for today.

No comments: