Sunday, July 21, 2013

Summer Homework

I seriously feel like summer homework is going to be the death of me.

Madame gave us a list, saying that we have to do 15 things on the list for homework. Some of it is fine to do, but others are not. Example: make a French dish and make a copy of the recipe; easy... Learn a song in French, print out the lyrics, and record yourself... Not easy. I CANNOT sing, so that's not an option. Oh well, it's necessary.

I also have to read the Grapes of Wrath and a(n) autobiography/biography on an influential person. I found the perfect person to do, but it turns out that no one ever wrote a biography on him. (sigh) The person I was going to do was Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet. He is the one who made ASL. Before him, deaf people had no way to communicate, so when he was over in France, he met the man that made sign language in France and he learn it. He then adapted it to make it so Americans could use and opened the first school for the deaf.

Well, now I can't do him, so if you have any people you think I should read about, please tell me in the comments! Thanks :)

That's it for now.

2 comments:

/ said...

That's such a shame! I would've thought SOMEONE would've acknowledged his work. Heck, I would've done my presentation on him if I could redo it...

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. Summer homework absolutely sucks :(