Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Board Games

Yesterday, I spent the entire day playing board games with two friends. It sounds a little bit lame, but honestly, it was so fun. Also, it helps that I won all five times we played (granted, four were the same game, but I digress). We started off with a game of Life. I get quite competitive when it comes to Life, because for some reason I feel that it is an accurate prediction of how my life will actually turn out (it seems that I will be a Nobel-prize winning doctor with a condo).

But the highlight was this amazing game I've never played before. It's called Ticket to Ride and it is probably my favorite board game EVER. You have to take trains all across Europe to complete a journey. You have three short journeys and one long one. The game gets extremely intense as you try to block the other players from their destinations while simultaneously crossing the European continent. Anyways, if you haven't played it they do have an App. It isn't as great as the physical game, but it is still very enjoyable.

On a less pleasant note, I have no idea who I want to do my influential American report on. I considered Ellen DeGeneres and Walt Disney, but for various reasons I decided against both. If anyone has a suggestion, do let me know!

No comments: