Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Weak To Strong With Bumps Along the Road

I started Physical Therapy on Friday for my back. My back has been in a lot of pain while I sit, stand, lie down, or do any physical activity. The diagnosis was that my right side, my dominant side, is weaker. I was taught some stretches to help ease the pain and strengthen my right side.  I also found out that I cannot run anymore because the up and down movement of my back was to rapid when I run. I am only allowed to walk, swim, and use an elliptical. This really frustrated me because I am used to running a lot and participating in quite a lot of physical activity.I did the stretches 3 times a day Friday through Sunday. Then on Monday I woke up to so my stretches before school. I began them and then back froze up and the severe pain began. I could not move to roll over to get up but I decided to push through the pain. I could barely walk. I laid in bed the whole day and could not move in bed at all. It was the worse pain I have ever been in. I was really frustrated because my back was starting to feel better and now I couldn't even move. The next day my shoulder and neck still really hurt. I took it easy hoping for it to heal fast! Today I had to go to school because I can't miss anymore school. I am still in pain but I did do some stretching today. I am hoping to recover fast and am very excited for my next Physical Therapy appointment.

No comments: