Sunday, February 12, 2012

Matrix

So this weekend was the first time that I've seen any and all of the Matrix films. I've heard plenty about them, but never seen what they were. Now I understand. It's a mind-bending movie series that makes you think (somewhat) about how dangerous technology can really become. The movie, for me, mixes Jedi, ninja's, and spy's all in one. The series itself is a bit confusing if you don't watch every scene.
But during the first movie, The Matrix, there was one moment in which one of the characters was discussing what horrible thing he had done, why he had done it and how he wishes his life to be after. (To be "unplugged" from The Matrix, one must take either a red pill, which will reveal the truth about life, or a blue pill which will erase your memory of the meeting of the pills and restore you to the fake world in which you perceived to be real). The man said that if he could change the events in his life, he would have taken the blue pill and left because he wanted out of the real life. He'd had enough of the war against Machines.
This led me to place myself in the place of the man and really think of what it would be like. I have always been a curious person; always wanting to know the truth. If I were given the choice of knowing the truth of the world and just living my life, continuing the lie that I would be in if I were in his position, I have contemplated on whether or not I would pick the blue pill or the red one. There are cons and pros on both sides, leading it to be a personal choice. It can either be a fully thought out answer or a simple "yes, I want to know", or "no, I'd rather live in a lie". And yet, I still don't know which one I would choose. I guess I'll have to think a bit more.....

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

Really interesting. I've only seen bits and pieces... pretty sure I'd like them and I'd have to admit it.