Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Brain Funk

This is going to be a very honest blog. For the past week and a half, I have been in a serious brain funk. Most of it consisted of meaningless anxiety and worrying about little things. This resulted in a serious lack of motivation and my afternoons being dominated by lazy napping. I'm really not sure as to the cause, but I feel like my confidence seriously faltered and I felt almost borderline OCD about everything.
Tonight I feel like I have finally come out of this fog and I'm so relieved. I ended up deciding that the only time that matters is the present and there's no point in mulling over the past or obsessing over the future. Through this experience, I have learned that presence of mind leads to less judging people and situations and more creativity and motivation. I feel like the thing that rescued me from this fog (beware impending cheese) was going to karate today and teaching my students and seeing how eager they were about life and learning and how silly I was to be worrying over everything. I apologize to those of you who had to put up with my dreary mood for the past couple of days. Now I have an enormous heap of homework to do from the time I spent anxiously sitting around doing nothing. The goal is to keep as busy as possible for the rest of forever in order to prevent myself from slipping into a brain funk again.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

Don't be so serious, life is mysterious. Well, that helps me sometimes.