Monday, February 6, 2012

A phone call every saturday night

What most people usually do during Saturday night? I think they are either hanging out with their friends, watching TV, go to the mall, working or having dinner with their family. But me...I usually just sit around in my room, waiting for a phone call. Yes, a phone call from my mom who lives a thousand miles away from me. She lives in Indonesia and I'm here in the US.

At first, she calls me about 3 to 4 times a week (I don't call her, its mostly her, not that i am a bad kid who forget about their parents but to do international call from here to there is way more expensive than from there to here and she doesn't really understand how to use Skype or Facebook but she is learning how to now). But because of the different time we have, and with her working most of the week with only Sunday off and i have school, we barely have time to talk. So, we decided to have the one time we actually have time, the perfect time that both of us actually still awake and not busy. Its Saturday night around 8-9 pm here and around 10-11 am in there. And when she calls, we can talk on the phone for hours, sometime it can goes for 4 to 6 hours. Mostly we catch up of how we are doing and sometimes about news of what had been going on there and what had been going on here, and sometimes we gossip and laugh at funny things or about our relatives and who had just giving birth or who had just get married. For me, i really enjoy this Saturday night phone call with my mom.

2 comments:

RHS Flash said...

Wow. You made my eyes fill with tears. This is one of the most touching things I've ever read. Would you be willing to share this as a story?

Devin M. said...

Thats a really cool story i like to do that with my uncle in France sometimes but its got to be a way cooler experience with your mom!