Monday, October 11, 2010

So, Homecoming?

Homecoming is a completely different experience here than it was for me last year, at my old school. Of course there was the dressing up and the games and the dance... But there was always a missing element, especially when compared to RHS. Spirit. You want to hear spirit? My old school couldn't even get together a football team this year, I'm not even sure how homecoming will work out for them this year!
But besides the game, the dance had a different feel to it as well. There was hardly the pressure to go with a date, if you had a "significant other" that person would be your date; other than that you'd be going with a group of friends and ditching halfway through to go to some ridiculous party because the dance was sure to be lame all the way. Someone here tried to ask me to the homecoming dance, and besides the fact that I did not know this guy at all, I was kind of freaked out. And extremely uncomfortable...
Anyways, now I am playing tagalong with a group of girls that all have dates. Happy homecoming!

1 comment:

Amanda C. said...

"tagalong" uhh not! we are all going to have so much fun, missy! We are a GROUP, not a vehicle with a "fifth wheel."