Thursday, October 7, 2010

Poetry

Yesterday was one of the most exciting days in my english IV class. We started our first unit of poetry and poetry is awesome!! Some people think poetry is just a bunch of mumbo jumbo that no one except the person who wrote it understands....but they are WRONG!!! Poetry is an expression, it has a meaning, it's like a window to someone's soul! It is not just about Shakespere sonnets that don't make sense half the time; there are so many modern poems that are beautiful and can relate to everyone. I mean, poetry is everywhere--songs, books, speeches.....there is no excaping the power of words!

3 comments:

Hannah Vahldick said...

I <3 poetry.

Danielle said...

i love poetry too! its so wonderful...and such a great form of expression!

Olivia said...

I absolutely love poetry! Its my favorite form of writing!