Monday, October 4, 2010

Friendship

I have learned a lot about friendship these past few weeks. It is not an easy thing, when you think about it, it shouldn't be a hard thing to be a good friend, yet people struggle with it everyday. I have had so many friends through my life, and I think I'm still friends with about 10 of them. I truly do believe that everything happens for a reason, and that people come in and out of our lives for a reason. Sometimes its to teach us something, and sometimes we taught that friend something. I have learned many things from past friendships that have ended, so now I have finally been able to accept loosing someone in my life.

I look at all losses or mistakes as learning experiences. If something didn't work out between two people, or between friends I feel, that ending that relationship is the universe telling us to move on, and that it will all be all right! Bad things are usually followed by bigger and better things.

I still haven't found that one friend I know I can always count on, who has never been unkind to me, or someone who i get along with perfectly like we see in movies. I cant help but think that maybe I am expecting too much from people, will there be that one perfect friend out there someday? Don't get me wrong I have many amazing friends, but I am always afraid that the friendship is going to abruptly end, like it has happened so many times before. I have just recently been able to let the whole BFF thing go and not worry about whose going to be my friend 20 years from now.

In reality, we are in High School, this is just the beginning of our lives! People change, a few months ago if you would have asked me if I would like to stay in touch with the people I know now I probably would have said, "YES of course!" but I have changed. I don't know how things are going to turn out, I honestly don't know who my true friends are going to be, I don't know if I will find that one High School Best friend that I am friends with literally forever, and who is always kind and is always there for me. What I do know is that right now, at this exact moment in my life, I am completely content with my friends! I'm living in this moment right now!

"There comes a time in your life when you realize who will always matter, who does matter, and who never did. So don't worry about the people from you r past, there's a reason why they didn't make it into your future."

1 comment:

Hannah Vahldick said...

So very true, friends come and go and high school is a great place to meet the people that may never come through for you. I love my friends and I hope I keep them for a very long time, but I understand why I may not. It is life to love while you can, allow others to brighten your days. The way I see who I am is a patchwork of those I've met, pieces of those who have affected me both positively and negatively; this way I carry these people always =)