Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happy Halloween Weekend!

The day full of creepy costumes, scary movies, and yummy candy is just three days away! As I grow older, Halloween feels like less of a big deal than ever, yet I am the most booked for this weekend than I have ever been before.
When I was younger, I remember planning Halloween costumes in, literally, August. I remember going to the fabric store in the 108 degree weather in hopes of finding the perfect furry fabric that would later become my cute kitty cat costume with a little help from my Mom and her sewing machine.
This year, my friends and I are heading to the local Goodwill Saturday morning, just a day before Halloween. Here we will search for the craziest, most random clothing items that we can pull together for a makeshift, yet still Facebook-worthy (hopefully haha) costume. Honestly, it is really just an excuse to be sixteen and still go out and trick-or-treat for a little free candy.
Tonight I will continue a favorite tradition of the Murray family. Tonight our family will gather around the television to watch our beloved Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. Every year I am just as excited to see Lucy dress up with that ugly witch mask, that seems to fit her so well, see Lionus wait for the "Great Pumpkin" out in that pumpkin patch all night, and, of course, see Charlie Brown get nothing but a rock in his trick-or-treating bag.
Tomorrow night I will be watching something a little spookier than I ever have for past Halloweens, especially not when I was a child. Although I am a HUGE Rocklin High sports fan, I thought it would be a little more festive to go to the movies Friday night instead of a football game. Tomorrow night I am heading over to the Century movie theatre with my brother's girlfriend to see the highly talked about, Paranormal Activity 2, and I couldn't be more excited to be totally freaked out!
And this year is totally different than any other Halloween that I remember. This year orange an black means a little more than just the traditional colors of the holiday; these two colors represent the Giants in the World Series! This could be the most exciting part of my jam-packed weekend! I can guarantee that I will have my Giants application up on my phone when trick-or-treating because I cannot miss a single moment of this exciting moment of San Francisco sports history, not even for candy!
Anyways, it should be a fun weekend with my friends and family to celebrate a fun holiday and hopefully Giants success!

1 comment:

Cliff said...

happy halloween to you!!! and thanks for the gum :)