Sunday, October 3, 2010

Dancing With the Nobodies

I used to really like Dancing With the Stars, but it seems every season there are less and less people that I have heard of. Every season, there are the same types of people: the old person, the person from a reality show; the athlete, etc. I mean, I guess there isn't much variety in the people who qualify as celebrities anyway just actors, musicians and athletes. On the other hand, this season Bristol Palin is a contestant and they have to call her an activist because the truth is she is only famous because of her mother. Also, any one who is really famous probably doesn't have time for the show and most people on the show have lost whatever fame they had and would do anything to get some of it back, including embarrassing themselves dancing. DTWS never fails to have the stupid drama that they show on the cheesy videos of practice. At least one contestant per week is shown running out of the dance studio in tears because it's "just too hard" or over whatever else the producers come up with to have them cry over. Although the ratings are surprisingly going up, I feel that the show is definitely going down hill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have noticed this too, and since season 3 I was done with this horrible show. It's just stupid now.