Friday, August 27, 2010

Week Two

It's only my second week back from summer and I'm already exhausted. I'm taking a couple of hard classes but I'm not tired from staying up late doing homework. I'm tired because I am constantly staying up late to relax and procrastinate. This doesn't make much sense considering I don't have much homework yet, but I guess I'm still not used to getting up early and not eating whenever I want. I am always hungry by third block because I'm used to being able to graze in my fridge whenever I feel like it. It's strange how some classes are already giving work every night (like Precal) and some still haven't given any (Honors LA). I guess I still have to get used to being back at school. (I also found out recently that Precalculus/Trigonometry is now an Honors course, this freaks me out a little because that means it's going to be difficult but at least I'm getting honors credit now.)

Then there's this drama with the I Love Boobies bracelets. In my opinion some people at school probably are just wearing them because they say boobies, but many people are legitimately wearing them to support the Keep A Breast Foundation to find a cure for breast cancer. I personally don't think that the bracelets should be banned. In all honesty it's an insult to the maturity of high schoolers to ban them, by banning them the school is really saying that all of the people wearing them are doing it because they think its funny or popular and not to help find a cure. I'm not sure if the school banned them because they consider them inappropriate, or degrading to women but it really is an overreaction on both sides. There's no need to ban them, and there's no need to freak out now that they've been banned.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

I suspect that had we just said nothing, they would have faded away. See any "Livestrong" bracelets now? cn