Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nearing a Mental Breakdown

AP Calculus is suicide.
So, I'm a math person. I seriously enjoy math. But we're barely a week in, and I know that Calculus is going to change this.
No offense to the teacher, but I just do not click with her style of teaching. Both freshman and sophomore year I had Waechtler, and I really thrived in both Adv. Algebra 2 and Precal, probably partly due to his teaching. He was very organized and wrote everything out, whereas my teacher now makes it hard to keep up.
Last night I nearly had a breakdown while doing my homework. I reached such a point of frustration and mental exhaustion, I wanted to crawl up in a ball and never see a math problem again.
This is going to be quite a year :(

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there hun! You can make it.

I was in a situation like this last year. I'm an English person, I thrive in it. However, last year I had Mr.Hurrianko as a teacher and I did not understand his style of teaching nor did we get along. I got through it though (barely) and I know you can get through that horrible math class :) just keep your chin up .

Brit said...

really?? I really like Mrs. McCullough's style of teaching and Calc is just clicking, so far, haha. I liked Waechtler's too, don't get me wrong, but she just brings so much energy and enthusiasm into things. Oh well, to each their own.

Brit said...

and I'm sure things'll improve :D

Chelsea Y said...

SAME! I like a more structural way of notes......and its just confusing

Holly said...

Yeah I know tons of people love her, and hopefully she will grow on me, but I much prefer Waechtlers organized style of teaching so far.

Chelsea Y said...

Ugh I totally fail at write ups.....I turned in my write ups with like 5 problems blank.. :/ my grade is going to be low..

Rverma said...

Good luck.

Rverma said...

Good luck.