Monday, August 16, 2010

A Typical Summer Day in the Life of Christian Young

Usually my summer mornings started off with my parents vainly trying to drag me out of bed at the crack of dawn before leaving on their way to work, reminding me to take my siblings to their respective summer camps. With a tremendous effort I would try to get my body out of bed, but no matter how much my mind tried, my body always prevailed and remained stationary.
After getting up, with much resentment and protest from my tired body, I would take a shower, usually lasting ten or so wonderful minutes, and then proceed to brush my teeth, with the ritualistic Listerine after. I would follow up with a quick bossing around of my innocent siblings, and after a quick workout (and much delay), I would finally take them to their camps. However there was never a hindrance from heading out the door.
Upon returning I would usually do my many and arduous chores, as quickly and efficiently as possible, and make plans with my friends. I would usually always be hanging out with one Jessica Rodriguez, either at my house or hers. We would watch movies, interact with the family members, cook, and in general be very lazy. When the time for farewell came, almost always at 10:40 sharp, we would say our goodbyes and part ways.
I would get ready for bed and either play a few video games or watch some t.v., but almost always the latter and I would almost instantly fall fast asleep, only to wake up and begin my fantastically captivating day anew.

No comments: