Saturday, August 14, 2010

Suburban Jungle

Well, today I had an amazing time at Six Flags with two of my great friends, and as soon as I got back to Rocklin, I went over to my other friend's house to wish her "Happy Birthday," so as soon as I got home, all I wanted to do was plop down on the couch and relax. I turned on the t.v., and it was on the news. The newscasters went through various stories on downtown urban revival and the race for the governor. As I was about to change the channel to something that I would find more interesting, the station cut to a breaking news story. Over in Carmichael, a mere five minutes from my Grandma's house, on the corner of Manzanita Avenue and Fair Oaks Boulevard, one of two escaped zebras had been captured! There are zebras running around our streets!! It all seems so wonderfully out of place! Apparently the creatures had been in the possession of breeders, when they were startled by a dog, and made their mad dash for freedom. Thanks to the efforts of police, the breeders, and one unfortunate teen, who was kicked by a disgruntled zebra, the animals were returned, without any serious injury, to the breeders. I'm glad that the animals were able to get through their little adventure safely, and I thank them for some great entertainment. There's nothing like watching a cop car chase down a speeding zebra.

3 comments:

Erika said...

Honestly, seeing a zebra running on the street is one of the most hilariously amazing things I've seen in a long time. I saw that on the news this morning and started cracking up :)

Yasmine_B said...

Jungle animals escaping zoos and running the streets is one of those things you see in old cartoons and secretly wish would happen in real life. And now it has! That's so amazing :)

Christian Young said...

I did not hear about this until I saw your blog post :). It is quite simply unorthodox and a rare occurrence and added some humor to my last day of summer. I bet those cops weren't the happiest having to put down their donuts do actually go do something :p.