Thursday, August 5, 2010

California State Fair

What’s a summer without a trip to the California State Fair? All the food, games, and entertainment are worth bearing the heat to walk around Cal Expo to take it all in. My boyfriend and I went to the last day of the fair and had a blast. We walked through the showcase buildings, and spent a lot of time in the fur and feathers building with all the cute little animals. We even pet chinchillas! They were so soft and adorable. :) After we ate some cheese fries, we went and rode the monorail to somewhat escape the heat. Then it was off to the midway. I have a bucket list, and number 46 on the list is to ride a ferris wheel since I never have and they seem kind of scary yet still a lot of fun. We decided to embrace the opportunity, and I can proudly say number 46 has officially been crossed off! After that, we stopped so he could play a few of the stereotypical carnival games. Wasn’t a total waste of money, as he got a stuffed banana out of it. :) By then we were hungry again (go figure; we aren’t teenagers or anything… haha) and it was off to get amazing chocolate chip funnel cakes. We enjoyed each other’s company and the deliciousness of the fried batter until it was time to go find his parents and our seats for the Weird Al concert that night! Listening to hilarious parodies (my favorite being “Eat It” parodying Michael Jackson’s “Beat It” in which Weird Al came out in a fat suit) and watching “Al TV” clips was extremely entertaining. To top it all off, the fireworks of the fair filled the empty time right before Al came out to do an encore (“The Saga Begins” complete with Star Wars outfits…epic). Kind of like…the powdered sugar on top of a funnel cake of an amazing day!

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

I wish I went to the state fair! That seems like so much fun. Also, I would just like to say that I think it is so amazing how you have a bucket list. I think that making one would really help to get you to do the things that you are scared of and wouldn't do otherwise. I might just make one of my own thanks to your blog! :)