Monday, August 16, 2010

Goodbye Summer, Hello Senior Year :)

I honestly cannot believe I am going to be a senior already! It feels like just yesterday I was the scared little freshman walking onto the campus for the first time, feeling awkward and out of place. However, senior year is not exactly what I always pictured it to be... Rather than easy classes, I have more difficult classes than I have ever had, more responsibilities, and the dreaded college apps...I am very excited for all of my clubs and my last year of cross country, but at the same time overwhelmed by thinking about writing college essays and focusing on my classes.
I wish I could have realized this is how it would be, earlier than now! So, to everyone who is not a senior...enjoy this time that you have and make the best of it! It is crazy how much I already feel so focused on college and seem to be looking past high school.
That being said, I am more determined to make this a good year! I think we have a fabulous newspaper staff and we can put together an amazing paper :) It is going to be a great year!

1 comment:

Christian Young said...

I agree with you :). Senior year is not what I at first expected it would be like either so far. But I like the positive outlook you have and I am going to try to have the same attitude as you going into our last year of high school!