Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Quotes

I am absolutely obsessed with quotes. I find inspiration in the smallest of places, and it just amazes me that a person can say or document a few words and they can completely transform your way of thinking and perspective. It has always been my hobby to find quotes that I love and live by them. I have countless journals full of quotes and my room is scattered with inspirational messages that help me get through the stresses of daily life, however large they may be. I focus on quotes that are about life in general and living life to its fullest. I fully believe that every moment is a gift and needs to be embraced. It’s a difficult concept to grasp when there are so many other things going on in life that cloud what is really important. I know that I personally take things for granted when my mind is focused somewhere else. I stress about my AP Calc assignment rather than remaining calm and realizing that there is more to life and that as long as I work as hard as I can, everything will turn out fine. It’s hard to eliminate negativity completely since life is full of trying times and is not all rainbows and butterflies all the time. However, I think it is extremely important to find happiness in the smallest of things. Finding the beauty in the sunshine, or the roof over my head, or even the fact that I was able to wake up this morning to a brand new day full of opportunity are just examples of what brings me happiness even when I am stressing. Quote time: “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl

It’s extremely difficult. But life quotes help keep me grounded and not get overwhelmed by stress and negativity so that I am able to find the happiness within even the smallest aspects of life. One of my favorites: “Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.” :)

4 comments:

Yasmine_B said...

I find that quotes can be very helpful in a number of situations. It's amazing how a few words can hold so much meaning. One of my favorites relating to wisdom is, "Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen." -Mark Twain

Christian Young said...

Haha quotes is an interesting obsession. My favorite it, "Ignorance is bliss."

natalie said...

that's about the coolest thing i've ever heard! keeping a journal of favorite quotes? I have to try that! I could really use some inspirational quotes at the moment...

Franchesca said...

I love quotes! I also have a journal with all my favorite quotes!:)