Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Pursuit of Happiness

For the summer homework for my AP psych class we had to read a book on happiness. We got to choose from three different books and I chose one called Happier: Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment. I was actually pretty excited to read this book, not that I am an unhappy person, but I thought it would be interesting.
I did not enjoy this book, at all.
I found this book informative but don’t see how it could help someone find happiness. I think that he talks a lot about how happy people function, but not enough about how unhappy people can begin a lifestyle that functions like a happy person. The parts that I did enjoy about the book were the exercises that concluded each chapter. Each exercise made me think and allowed me to reflect on what was discussed in the chapter. So although this book provided me with some knowledge and insight, I did not find that it made me any happier like the inside flap promised.

No comments: