Monday, August 16, 2010

Alexandra

All of you know me by Alie. That's what everybody's called me my entire life. But I'm bored with it so I've been thinking about going by my full name, Alexandra. I feel like its such a pretty name. While I was in Spain I asked everybody I met to call me that and I loved the way it sounded. And ever since, when I've met new people, I have introduced myself as Alexandra. But would my close friends be willing to try to call me Alexandra? Can I pull off a name-change halfway through highschool, or should I wait until I get a fresh start in college? Also, I've heard complaints that its a mouthful and people always insist on shortening it to Alex, which is annoying because they never ask if I like to be called that. Maybe if I wear a nametag to school...

1 comment:

natalie said...

No! Calling you ALie is a habit now, one that I am not willing to break. Alie is who you are! You can tell your new friends to call you Alexandra, but I'm sorry, I think I will always call you ALie.