Friday, August 27, 2010

Chronic Boredom

There is actually a condition called Chronic Boredom. It is when people are easily and always bored. It is believed that people on pain medication get easily bored because they develop a higher tolerance for pleasure. Some psychologists believe that with all the visual media, humans are not able to explore their own interests and get easily bored as a result. It has also been identified that chronically bored people have "difficulty in describing or identifying feelings, distinguishing between bodily sensations and feelings, and an inhibited inner emotional and fantasy life." Courtesy of Scientific American.
It also makes me think that boredom has a direct relation with patience.
Anyway, I just thought that was interesting. There hasn't been a lot of research put into it and psychologists can't pinpoint exactly where and why boredom strikes but maybe in the upcoming decades...

3 comments:

RHS Flash said...

Yipes... this is a little scary. CN

Yasmine_B said...

I think i experience a normal level of boredom. Some parts of my day bore me and some interest me but I don't think i'm ever really bored to death.

Devin M. said...

I swear i must have it, i was completeley bored when i went on to read this..It kind of cheered me up