Monday, August 16, 2010

Last Day

Well, thus far, it's been a day of ups and downs. Today was supposed to be my last day of sleeping in, however, I was up at 7:15 to get ready to leave for my driving test in Oroville, because I didn't want to wait until the end of September to get my license. Waiting an extra two months is enough, thank you. On the drive there, I opted to be a passenger, so that I might get some more of my homework done. At this point, I have my psychology book done. All I have left is to do is: a couple of journal entries, my critical review, 5 calculus problems, this blog entry, and polishing up on my polyatomics. Oh, and clean my room, get my binder ready, etc. Lovely. Anyhow, my appointment was running 40 minutes behind, and the girl next to me was having a conversation about her pig with her boyfriend. Yes, she was having a conversation about her PIG. She wanted to be sure that it was being well fed while she was at college, because her brother would have to take over the responsibility of his pig and goat, as well as her pig. Right... Then the driver told me it was my turn! I drove the course, nervously, given that I've never driven in Oroville in my life. We pulled back into the DMV, and as I'm parking, he says that I didn't do a thing wrong. I DIDN'T MAKE A SINGLE MISTAKE!! YAY!! (At this point, I drive the car up onto the cement parking space divider...smooth...) On the drive home, the exits were closed, so we had to drive up a few miles so we could come home. Oh yeah, and our car broke down in Sacramento when we took the detour home, so I sat in the Goodyear at the Arden Fair Mall from 12:30 until 4:45, reading my book as quickly as I could while the movie, The Great Escape played. And I had to miss cross-country practice :/ It seems like anytime we need things to run smoothly because we let things get ahead of us, Murphy's Law has to kick into hyper-drive, just to make things interesting. Anyway, I have tons to do, so I hope everyone enjoys their last day of summer. See y'all tomorrow!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

i find the pig conversation quite hilarious! ...and congrats on your license! :)