Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summerrrr.....

I have been reflecting on this past summer a lot lately. More so than I normally do... maybe its just because Im feeling overwhelmed becoming a senior and all. This summer has been different from my others. I have definitely gained more independence and new responsibilities, while doing tons of fun things! I have gotten that monotonous I am soooo bored feeling much less this summer than ever before.
The obvious differences are that I got a car and a job this summer. I love having my car, and being able to do things more independently... meeting up with friends, going to practice, and being responsible for myself. Having a job has broadened my horizons and I think made me come out of my comfort zone, because of the amount of responsibility it has forced to me to gain.
Then there is summer school! I can honestly say that I LOVE volunteering at summer school! It is such an amazing experience, and I feel lucky that I have been able to do it for two summers. I feel privileged to work with children who have autism for both summers, as it has truly impacted me. The kids are so adorable and sweet, with such a love for life. It is contagious! Their laughter, words, smiles, and hugs can brighten anyone's day :) I have also made some good friends through volunteering, that I know I will keep for a long time.
Thank goodness I am finally back to running! ...and some decent mileage now! I missed it so much at the beginning of the summer. I think it is so crazy that practice starts tomorrow...my last year... but i know it will be really fun! I am very excited! Plus, I have been going to yoga classes. The teacher is so good! I am always in shock at what she can do, and then I try. More often than not, I surprise myself with the poses I am actually able to hold! Yoga has been so relaxing and is much more of a workout than it seems. I am always so sore... hahaha
I also must admit that I am now obsessed with watching Pretty Little Liars and Make it or Break it. I look forward to Tuesday nights just so I can watch them :) I am glad I have had the time to watch them during the summer, because it is so crazy during the school year that I barely watch tv.
However, there is one thing that did not go so well... and that was my progress on summer homework. I did the math within the first two weeks school got out, and then i stopped. Now we have one week until school starts and I still must finish my AP english books....oh dear. I was not exactly as productive as I wanted to be, but I am sure things will work out...
Overall, I have had a fabulous summer :) It was definitely on of my bests and most memorable. I cant believe it is almost over! It has gone by more quickly than any other year!!

1 comment:

natalie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful summer and accomplished a lot! And trust me, you're not the only one saving their homework until the last week...;) haha and I am obsessed with Pretty Little Liars too!! Some of the acting is cheesy, but it's super intense! The finale was sooo good!!