Sunday, August 15, 2010

I wish I had a picture or two to show you.

I realized this weekend how much I need photography in my life. I've been told I should pursue this as a career, taking pictures, but again and again I tune them out because I honestly don't think I'm better than anyone else. In the wise words of Ratatouille, "Anyone can cook!" goes hand in hand with "Anyone can photograph!" which I am a strong believer in.

It all started on Thursday when my friends and I had our "Last Summer Hoorah" which included a bonfire and swimming. I took a million pictures and videos like always. I was so excited to upload and edit all of them because I'm weird and get excited about the words JPEG and Photoshop. So on Friday I try stickin in the SD card and nothing pops up. I search for it and still nothing. All it keeps saying is "Error. Format card" Of course I hit cancel because as all nerds know, formatting anything erases all data. And I did not want my Last Summer Hoorah to be gone forever.

Saturday went by while I just sat there worried about my dear pictures, knowing that I will eventually have to format because there is no other choice. Sunday was a sad day as I went to Best Buy and had a chat with a worker about recovery programs. $200 at least. Umm... As much as I want those pictures back, I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for them. So, the Best Buy worker (I believe his name was Rob) and I stood there and both miserably watched as I pressed Format.

My nephew also came over today and sat outside as he filled up a pan with grass and hose water. It made me think of how awesome it was to be so little and have absolutely no cares in the world. It also made me wonder what he's going to be doing on Tuesday. Having fun while I'm at school. His life is so cool. As all these thoughts were running through my mind, I ran inside and grabbed my almost dead camera because maybe, just maybe, those few shots that I take will make someone else think about their childhood and bring back just so many awesome memories of digging up dirt and making grass soup.

I got the shot. The one shot, right as my camera was dying, that I knew would just bring so much joy to me and hopefully others. That feeling is so awesome. I go inside and put the depressing SD card in and NO GREEN LIGHT COMES ON. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can you say frustrating? Oh my gosh. I can. Over and over and over again. Such a frustrating weekend. But I try and look on the bright side of things. It makes me think of how much I really do need photography in my life. The joy of just getting the shot makes me so happy. It's really just... unexplainable.

No comments: