Wednesday, November 16, 2011

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

So yesterday I went to go throw something away in my math class and I found a copy of The Flash in the trash can. Automatically my mood changed from annoyed(since I was in Math class) to furious. I took it out of the trash... yes I took something out of the trash, that's how much of a dedicated journalism student I am haha, and asked the person closest to the garbage who did it. It turned out to be the girl who sits behind me.

I asked her about it and explained how hard we worked on it and how it should not be thrown away. She replied with "well I wasn't in it, so there was no reason for me to read it." After I heard this, I become even more upset. People shouldn't decide whether to read it or not just because they are or aren't featured in The Flash.

Some people might not understand why its such a big deal to me, but since I know how hard everyone has worked on it and it just really upsets me when people either don't care about The Flash or disrespect it by throwing out. It is not only disrespectful to The Flash, it also is extremely disrespectful to all us journalism students who worked so hard! So please, if you see anyone disrespecting our Flash just let them know how much effort was put in it and how rude they are being.

Respect The Flash! :)

2 comments:

Mason said...

I know right!? On Tuesday when I was handing the Flash out, some people said "no," and some of the random freshmen I handed them to didn't even know what it was, once I explained, they didnt even want one and continued walking onward.

Alina said...

I gave The Flash to this guy and he ripped it in half! I was disgusted, people are extremley disrespectful. Maybe if we just put everyone in the entire schools picture in it like a yearbook people would be interested. My Teen Angst has increased because of this...