Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Computer Crash

Last Sunday I was working on homework when my computer crashed. The internet suddenly shut down and so did the unsaved word documents I was working on. I shut the computer down and logged back on to try and save my documents, but when I tried to do this a black screen came up and everything was gone. I don’t know how it happened, but my computer now had a virus. After many attempts to put the computer into safe mode failed, I knew there was nothing I could do. All my documents were gone including my essay due the next day, all of my college application essays, and my portfolio that was also due the next day. While I had some of my documents saved to my email, I had to re-type many of the assignments that were due Monday. Later the next day a person with a more advanced knowledge of computers was finally able to get some of my documents back. Even though this caused a major set back for not only my homework but for college essays, I feel fortunate that I am able to get back most of my documents. It makes me really angry that people even do this. They should be using their time, energy, and skills for something constructive instead of trying to ruin people’s computers and deleting their documents, it’s just not fair.

No comments: