Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I'm scared of the dentist...

Yes, I'll admit it. I am scared of the dentist. Just the way a child is scared of the dark. Every single time I go I want to cry. In the past I have some of the worst experiences, one of which involved not enough novacaine. Through the years I have had braces, teeth extractions, screws put into my gums and every single time I NEVER had a good experience.

I'm going tomorrow, and let me tell you, I am scared to death. My wisdom teeth are starting to come in. I waited as long as I could to tell my mom so I wouldn't have to go, but the pain is becoming bad so I know I have to. The only thing that is keeping me from going crazy about tomorrow, is what my brother told me. We recently switched dentists, I have yet to go but my brother went last week. He said it was the best experience ever. First off, he claims the people working there are the nicest you will ever meet. Then, once they bring you into the room, you sit down in a massage chair, and are reclined back to watch a flat screen TV on the ceiling. While getting poked and prodded, you can enjoy a nice wax hand massage. Really? I have to pay $40 for a manicure to get a hand massage. Finally, once you leave, they offer you fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. Now that's service.

I really hope my brother is right. But knowing him, I could see him just saying that as a cruel joke. Guess I'll find out tomorrow....

2 comments:

Amber C said...

I waited forever to tell my mom about my teeth too.I finally went in yesterday, and I'm getting them out on Thursday. I hope it's not too bad!

RHS Flash said...

I just try to sleep. And I've had almost a total makeover of my teeth... so just relax.