Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas is in the air!

So, I've noticed that each year, people get more and more impatient to put up Christmas decorations. Don't get me wrong, I love decorations. But I mean, we have Thanksgiving for a reason- it's a celebration of thanks and everything we should be thankful for- but people seem to think that we can skip it altogether and go sledding straight to Christmas. Sure, people decorate early, it went from mid-December to the start of December, but starting to decorate a week before THANKSGIVING? Seriously?? Is that really necessary?? Now, I can understand the end of Thanksgiving.... but the start of the week before Thanksgiving break??? Soon it will be the start of break, then up to the beginning of November.
Now again, I love decorations. I love holidays. But I don't understand the concept of why people have the need to start putting up lights and stockings and reefs before we past Thanksgiving. It just boggles my mind on why they think of this. Now decorating the day after Thanksgiving, that's okay because you have acknowledged it and given thanks; but any day earlier should be saved for preparing for Thanksgiving.
Respect the Bird, then Respect the Tree. It's a very simple concept to follow.

Now that I am done ranting: Christmas Season is finally here! My mom broke out all of her Christmas songs yesterday and my dad has already started putting up the tree. The house isn't decorated yet, but come December it will be. I've made my list and getting in the spirit of things. The only thing that is bumming me out is that we have 3 weeks of school left. But at least it's only 3 weeks!

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

I agree. Sometimes people put stuff up too early. However, I saw these Christmas lights on the news, and it was really funny. A house was completely decked out, and the house next to it sai, "Ditto." I though it was very witty and really funny!