Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Modern media

Oh, the wonders of modern technology and social connections.

I am stuck in the Denver Airport for what will now be at least 3.5 hours waiting for my connection to Minneapolis and the JEA Convention. So, I just have logged on and caught up on grading. I love that about Google Docs.

However, the layover is a bit much. I left a bit later so I could drop Carson at daycare for three days (at 5 a.m.) and now will arrive so late it will be a bolt to the Mall of America to meet the kids. The sky is perfectly clear and blue in Denver as I sit, waiting. However, the temperature has not reached 30 degrees yet. Guess it's a "tune-up" for Minneapolis.

In addition to modern technology, moden travel is amazing. I never thought I'd cross the United States so often, and in so many different directions. I love travelling alone and not having to talk unless I want to. I'm very good at icing out the person next to me on a plane. But more and more I find myself thinking about going home, even as I am en route away.

No comments: