Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Final Race

Friday is the day. While the rest of my peers are inside sleeping, enjoying the day off, I will be at Folsom High. Racing for the final time of the 2011 cross country season. The pressure to perform well it taking over my brain and it is all I can think about. But the pressure is not coming from my coaches, my teammates, or even my parents. It is coming from me alone. After being injured for the majority of the season I feel I have to prove myself once again. Show everyone that I can be the great runner that I was freshman year and that they should not count me out of the competion.

Plus, it is my last race with the seniors. I definitly am going to be sadder this year then last because of who is graduating. Next year will not be the same without a specific someone always reminding me to take out my earings at the starting line (she has saved me from getting disqualified from at least five races).

Sections MUST be a success.

1 comment:

Brit said...

oh goodness, it was a success for you, busting out a big course PR, according to my athletic.net stalking ;P. I'm going to miss you so much next year, I'm so sad that I won't be able to see you run, because I know how well you're going to do. Depending on where I end up, I'll make sure I make it out to at least a couple of your meets. And, hopefully, you'll be able to remember to take out your earrings without me! :P