Wednesday, November 2, 2011

College Essays..

I hate college essays. They are just so unnecessary. I have nothing interesting to write about, no sob stories, no major life challenges, nothing amazing. And I really dislike writing about myself; it’s hard to make yourself sound like a good person without sounding conceited. Once you finally write them, then you have to find a bunch of people to edit them to make sure they sound good. It’s so hard to know what a college is really looking for in an essay. Do they want you to talk about how awesome their college is, what you’re going to offer, or what you’re looking for? It’s just so confusing. And it’s not something you can just blow off and hope for the best, it’s really important! As the deadlines get closer and closer, I can only hope I find some motivation to finish these essays.

1 comment:

Devin M. said...

I agree i feel like whenever i talk about myself im being hella conceited