Sunday, November 27, 2011

Frustration

I've been playing soccer since I was six years old. I've been on various Rocklin recreational teams for ten years. This year, a friend and I decided to be on a Roseville team after our beloved team stopped playing. It was nerve-wracking at first being the only new girls on a tight-knit team who had been nearly undefeated the year before since we had never considered our team very talented. The coach made us run and exercise more than any other rec team which was different. I was irked that for the first few weeks we barely got in any drilling or playing time amidst all the conditioning.
After losing a few games, it was clear that the girls were not at the skill level that we had expected or the coach had boasted. No one seemed really concerned with improving their soccer skills or playing as a team. It seemed rather lazy to me. Especially when we would lose 5-0. Don't get me wrong, the girls on my team are some of the most hilarious people I have ever met. I enjoy being around them, but don't really care for their soccer skills.
The second half of the season, we moved down a division and won three games, which was encouraging. Next weekend we have a tournament, District Cup, and I can only hope that our good fortune will continue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand. I went from comp to rec this last season because I thought it would be more fun and less crazy for senior year. But I felt like my team was not at the skill level that I was used to and we lost pretty much every game. It sucked.
At least you guys had a change of luck lol :P