Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How to Introduce Yourself

Introductions can be the most important part of a relationship. I mean, it IS the catalyst. There are so many ways to say it. "Hi, nice to meet you." "Hajimemashite." "G'Day, stranger". Something like that.

I find myself meeting more and more people as I grow older, and each time, the introduction is different. Let's start by talking about the handshake.

I love shaking hands. I've gotten told that I have a very good handshake. That's....the weirdest compliment I've ever gotten. But it's because i do it often! This summer, I had an internship where I had to shake hands with many important people, so I didn't want to have a lame one.

Although most high schoolers do.

Then. What do you say after you shake hands? "It's nice to meet you?" " I hope we have a good relationship into the future?"

AWK-ward!

But, no matter how gawky a first meeting is, meeting new people is the first step to broadening your world.

So, it's nice to meet you :)

1 comment:

a said...

While it's a good thing to make new good first impressions and make friends, some times your old buddies like to ruin that for you, and make everything awkward.