Thursday, November 24, 2011

FML...

So since today is Thanksgiving I decided I'm going to do a blog on the things people should be thankful for. I feel that everyday we are all alive is a gift, just being able to have the chance to be alive and to experience all the wonderful thing life has to give, is a gift. Yet some people seem to think that their lives are absolutely horrible for many unimportant reasons.
On Facebook I'm constantly seeing posts about people complaining about something that happened to them with "FML" at the end of it. I know that we all know what FML stands for, I just don't really understand what could go so terribly wrong in these peoples lives where they feel the need to constantly complain about stupid little things and be so dramatic by adding the FML, some people need to realize that they're lives are not at all even close to as horrible as they think they are. We live in Rocklin, in a tiny little bubble where everything is perfect and nothing goes wrong(compared to the rest of the world); we go to school, we have nice homes, most of us have expensive cars sitting in our driveway, we have food, we have jobs, expensive smart phones, and most importantly we all have family who loves us.
There are people in the world who don't have any of these things, they are starving, most are young orphans without a place to live and without someone to care for them; living on the street just trying to survive in the extreme poverty they are living in.
Whenever I feel that something is going wrong in my life, I look around me and see my family, my house, my clothes, and the fact that I'm alive and healthy with plenty of food... and I remember that there is always someone who has it worse off than me and would kill to have my life. This helps me appreciate everything in my life even the things that I might not think are perfect.
I am so thankful for the amazing people I have in my life; my family and my friends, also for the fact that I'm living and here in this world. I hope everyone has a great a great Thanksgiving and uses this day to remember to always be thankful for everything they have, because there's someone out there wishing to have half of what we have.

No comments: