Monday, August 3, 2009

Life as a Twin

I get asked a lot what it is like having a twin brother. Usually, I respond by saying that I don't know what its like not to be a twin and that I'm just used to it. Well, I can't say that its not weird having your brother with you at school and having some of the same friends as him. Growing up we did everything together. We had the same preschool, kindergarten, and first grade class, and had the same friends, and even had some matching outfits. Due to the fact that we were always together, we were both pretty shy. After we got split up in school in second grade, we branched out especially because we just moved here to Rocklin.
I believe that twins have a special bond that other siblings don't and it is something that I can not put into words. Of course we still fight. Our mom told us that during an ultrasound, Chris punched me and I kicked him back. And he finds the greatest pleasure out of annoying me but for the most part we get along.
As I am writing this he is gone for the weekend and the house seems extremely empty. Having him away makes me realize how thankful I am that I have Chris. He is always there for me to talk to and fun to be around.

No comments: