Saturday, August 8, 2009

Julie and Julia

Today I went to go see the movie Julie and Julia that just came out yesterday. I read a review for it before I went and they only gave it two stars but I would definately give it three. I really enjoyed it. I felt it could have been shorter because it tended to drag on at parts but it proved humorous and entertaining. The movie switches back and forth between the lives of Julia Child, an American woman living in France that decides to go to cooking school and eventually writes a successful cookbook, and Julie Powell, a working, married woman of modern times who is looking for something to help her escape everyday life so she decides to work her way through Julia's cookbook and write a blog about it. Even for someone like me who did not really know who Julia Child was before seeing the movie, it was still interesting. Both Meryl Streep and Amy Adams do remarkable jobs playing their characters. Julia Child seems like such a fun, and carefree person and learning about her through the movie got me curious, so I typed her name into youtube and watched a video about her and that really made me realize how amazing of an actress Meryl Streep is. Also I googled Julie Powell and came up with the real Powell's actual blog. You have to do a whole lot of searching to find the ones on Julia Childs recipes though.
To check out the real blog Julie Powell wrote you can go here: http://blogs.salon.com/0001399/2002/08/25.html

3 comments:

Emily said...

Did the real lady actually make 365 recipes? Thanks for the link.

RHS Flash said...

For me, Meryl Streep is always worth the price of admission... saw the trailer in the theater and liked it. cn

AliciaLaryn said...

Wonderful Movie.... but Julia Child's voice makes me gag.