Friday, August 7, 2009

Not Your Average Church

For the past three years, I have been helping out with lots of tech stuff at my church, Bayside of Granite Bay. Over this time, I have done countless things usually never happen at a church. These random things include being tied to a hanging truss by my belt loop, having a Christmas tree gaff taped to my head, accidentally pantsing a new person, and getting locked in a celling. All of these were unexpected, and sometimes a bit painful, but not as much as what happened to me one Saturday night. I was innocently walking around before church service and out of nowhere came large metal pole. Next thing I knew, I was on the ground with blood streaming out of my lip. The kid that had hit me with the metal pole blamed me for the incident because I apparently shouldn't have been standing where I was. I rushed off to an emergency medical clinic, got four stitches in my lip, and was back at church before the service was over. I still have a scar where I got hit with that pole.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

Looking forward to working with you... and I hope looking back you can laugh. You made me, even as I winced at the thought. cn